[Foundation-l] Wikinews - Licensure straw poll

Tim 'avatar' Bartel wikipedia at computerkultur.org
Sun Sep 4 00:39:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

Kelly Martin schrieb am 09/01/2005 12:30 AM:
> One would think that all Wikipedias would be subject to the same set
> of copyright rules, since they're all operated out of Florida.  I've
> never understood why people think that the language content is written
> in has any impact on the law such content is required to comply
> with....

a) Please note, that there are Servers in Europe and Asia too.
b) Perhaps it's dumb, but it's reality. If you write a text in german
(to a german audience) in Wikipedia, german courts will judge you - even
if it's done at a server in Florida. Perhaps the court is not able to
force the server to put down the text, but it's able to judge you. If
you are not in germany, that should be no big problem - but as german
person or visiting germany, you will get problems. This happened before.
And I strongly expect, that this is the case not only in germany.

Bye, avatar.
--
5 von 4 Leuten haben Probleme mit Mathematik.