[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia meeting today

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:28:57 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was only suggesting putting notices on the 14 Wikinews projects.

For me putting notices on the 14 projects is impossible to be labelled
as "only" (I speak now from my own experiences as ex-Election Officer
who put notices on several projects - it took me over 3 days and even
so there were a lots of projects who we haven't put notices)

But I admit we have different views and sense; if you think it is not
a big deal, why you put those notices with your hand ?

Another technical solution is cross-project message inclusion -
MediaWiki allows it technically but disabled if I recall correctly.
Does it make a sense all WikiMedia project can include pages on a
certain closed wiki, like foundation wiki and all project share a same
noticeboard ? (a sort of shared sitenotice, but more lengthy message
can be put in this project-wide). noticeboard).

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com