[Juriwiki-l] Re: [Foundation-l] Trademark violation of our 'MediaWiki' mark

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Mon Oct 31 15:58:02 UTC 2005

Robert Scott Horning wrote:

>> Please do! The entire US legal code appears to be on the web, so if
>> there is such a requirement, it shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
>> And anyway, has MediaWiki actually been trademarked? I know Wikimedia
>> has, but someone earlier said they couldn't find a trademark for
>> MediaWiki when they searched for it in where-ever you search for such
>> things...
>>

>> Dan
>>

> When dealing with the law, there are no absolutes.

As a follow up, you may also want to read this web page that offers some
legal opinions from an attorney practicing IP law:

http://www.publaw.com/fairusetrade.html

That was just a quick google search about trademark law, and I could
cite exact cases, but this is a good general introduction to the topic.

--
Robert Scott Horning