[Foundation-l] Trademark violation of our 'MediaWiki' mark

Arne Klempert klempert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 21:10:45 UTC 2005

On 10/28/05, Jean-Baptiste Soufron <jbsoufron at gmail.com> wrote:
> After looking at it, they are clearly trying to induce confusion between
> their wiki offer, the gnu gpl software mediawiki, wikipedia, wiktionnary
> and wikiquote.

The text is a little bit confusing ("the new product" might sound like
it's their product), but I see no reason for your "trying to induce"
thing. And I really don't see any trademark violation here. Of course
we have to defend our trademarks but we also should avoid trademark
paranoia.

Just my 2 cents (IANAL)

-- Arne (akl)