[Foundation-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] Privacy policy and editing anonymously notice.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:46:18 UTC 2005

>My suggested wording is:
>    All edits to Wikipedia are recorded and visible, with the [[IP
>address]] they are from. Your IP address is publicly visible on edits
>where you are not [[Special:Userlogin|logged in]]. See
>[[wikipedia:privacy policy|privacy policy]].

I've just realised that's ambiguous and partly incorrect. How about:

    All edits to Wikipedia are publicly visible. Your [[IP address]]
is recorded, and it is publicly visible on edits where you are not
[[Special:Userlogin|logged in]]. See [[Wikimedia:Privacy policy]].

(BTW, the Wikimedia: interwiki prefix works on meta: but not on en:.)

Better? Easily translatable? An improvement on nothing at all?

- d.