[Foundation-l] Benefits of advertising (was Our exponentially increasing costs)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:13:44 UTC 2005

>The relatively small number of editors who will throw a hissy-fit off
>won't be missed - new editors arrive all the time, and many eventually
>crawl back after a public foot-stomping session anyway.

A full one-third of that hard core sufficiently dedicated to Wikipedia
to spend  their own scarce cash going all the way to Wikimania 2005,
wasn't it? Something about that doesn't sound "insignificant" to me.
Maybe it does to you.

>I wonder how they'd pay for their fork...

A fork would be a disaster for both prongs of the fork, but that
doesn't mean it wouldn't be a certainty.

- d.