[Foundation-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] Rigging at RfA

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:28:41 UTC 2005

>[[User:Anonymous editor]] is contesting for Adminship. Many votes in his
>support are by usernames created in the last couple of days, and their only
>contribution to wikipedia has been that vote. When I pointed that out,
>[[User:Anonymous editor]] deleted my comments, marking his deletions as a
>"minor edit", and his close admin friend [[User:Slimvirgin]] blocked me.
>This pair is known for misusing wikipedia policies and admin powers in the
>past, for example, with reference to the [[Islamophobia]] article.
>Kindly look into the past credentials of [[User:Anonymous editor]], and cast
>your vote.

I have to get around to doing a pile of sockchecking [*] on this
precise matter. If you see an edit from me placing strikes through a
pile of the "Oppose" votes, you'll know why.

It may be necessary for bureaucrats to look very closely at these
votes or kill the RFA and restart it or try again later, in case
supporters have been swayed by the apparent mass of 'oppose' votes.

- d.

[*] The problem is I don't scale. We need more users with checkuser
access; how to arrange this is a vexed question, because the Board has
the willies about the privacy policy issue. It's not a matter to put
to a vote, any more than root access is. I discussed this with Tim
Starling last night and will hopefully send an email to the Board
tonight. It needs sorting out properly and correctly, but soon. I have
a couple of prospects in mind on en:.

[cc'ed to foundation-l]