Our exponentially increasing costs (was Re: [Foundation-l] Re: Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership)

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:40:05 UTC 2005

Hoi,
Given that it is only a few wikipedias that can be considered to somehow
cover subjects adequately, the plateau that may arise is still in the
future. To suggest that we have to take the emergence of a pleateau into
consideration, you have to identify why it is likely to arise. Personally I
find it easier to find arguments why we are NOT going to reach this plateau
in the near future..

So the best we can do with your "sound accounting practices" is to have
multiple scenarios available to us. Not because of accounting practices but
because they impact what we do and how we do it. Given however the many
projects that need funding and the wishes we have to have an impact in the
languages where we are still weak, it does not seem reasonable to expect an
end to the growth that we have experienced over our first few years.

Thanks,
GerardM