[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form NewPartnership

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Oct 25 00:05:46 UTC 2005

On 10/24/05, Dori <slowpoke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/24/05, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> > "If the stacks of money is better than editors and readers, then the
> > foundations should go for it."
> >
> > Without stacks of money, there will be no editors or readers. Without
> the
> > generous donations of Jimbo and Bomis (who made their money off of - get
> > this - advertising), there would be no Wikipedia.
>
> There wouldn't be a Wikipedia without editors either.

You're not claiming that having advertising is going to cause *all* editors
to leave, are you?

> I can't for the life of me understand why people "a bunch of editors and
> > readers" would leave over something like this. I also don't think it'd
> be a
> > bad thing to get rid of the people who think this way.
>
> Yes, and for the life of me I can't understand why you don't have a
> successful fork and community. Advertising - check, Not afraid to get
> rid of whiny editors - check

I'm really not sure what you're getting at there. Are you saying if I got
rid of the ads on McFly I'd have a successful fork? If so, remind me to
laugh my ass off. (BTW, since adding the ads my readership has gone up, not
down).

--
> Dori

Anthony