[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form NewPartnership

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Oct 24 23:05:53 UTC 2005

"If the stacks of money is better than editors and readers, then the
foundations should go for it."

Without stacks of money, there will be no editors or readers. Without the
generous donations of Jimbo and Bomis (who made their money off of - get
this - advertising), there would be no Wikipedia.

I can't for the life of me understand why people "a bunch of editors and
readers" would leave over something like this. I also don't think it'd be a
bad thing to get rid of the people who think this way.