[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to FormNewPartnership

Poe, Marshall MPoe at theatlantic.com
Mon Oct 24 21:29:44 UTC 2005

Anthony Wrote:

"I did just think of another potential problem with Google Adsense in
particular, though. It may provide incentive for certain people to
insert certain keywords into random articles to draw competitors away
from the pages they want to advertise on (and thus lower the cost to
appear on those articles). I'm not sure if it'd work or not, though."

I don't really follow.  WP contributors would not gain anything by
trying to increase traffic/click-throughs on articles with bogus key
words, would they?  Contributors wouldn't profit from AdSense at all,
would they? All the money from AdSense would flow to the Foundation,
right?

MP

Marshall Poe, Ph.D.
The Atlantic Monthly