[Foundation-l] Re: Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:54:16 UTC 2005

On 10/23/05, Robin Shannon <robin.shannon at gmail.com> wrote:
> This IS advertising. We are providing a link to a service that we will
> get money from. We are not doing this for educational or whatever
> reasons like in the external links section of articles, we are doing
> it because it will (we hope) generate $$$s.
<snip />

I would just like to publicly apoligise for this comment. Having
followed this debate it would seem that i reached an overhasty
conclusion. I thank Jimbo, the board and mav for reacting to the
barrage of critisism from me and others in such a calm and intelligent
manner. Provided that this is just placed on the tools page (along
with the other tools) and that it has an appropriate explanation, then
I believe that it is really not advertising, and generally a good
thing.

paz y amor,
-rjs.

--
DO NOT SEND ME WORD ATTACHMENTS - I *WILL* BITE!
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html>

Hit me: <http://robin.shannon.id.au>
Jab me: <robin.shannon at jabber.org.au>
Upgrade to kubuntu linux: <http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/breezy/>
Faith is under the left nipple. -- Martin Luther