[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Oct 24 14:42:51 UTC 2005

Chris Jenkinson wrote:
> I don't think it is narrow-mindedness that would cause someone to remove
> these links, and I think accusing someone of acting in this way is
> rather impolite and shows a lack of good faith. I can't think of one
> admin who doesn't have the best interests of Wikipedia at heart and is
> only doing what they think best.

I'm sorry but it is quite strange for me to imagine that someone would
remove such a link, _other than_ if they were in the grip of some of the
false and inflammatory rhetoric which has been thrown around here.

> The thing is, a large number of people have not been convinced that this
> is necessary for the Foundation's continued operations, but the
> partnership is going against some of the ideals on which Wikipedia was
> founded.

Such as what?  Do you really know what you're saying, or are you jumping
to some false conclusions?

--Jimbo