[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Dan Grey dangrey at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 06:15:45 UTC 2005

Let me put it this way: 90% of people will view these link placements
(one to the tools page in the sidebar, then one to the 1-Click stuff
on that page) as advertising. Slippery slopes, "you said we'd never
run ads" (even if that's not actually what Jimbo said), "I'm not going
to donate any more, you obviously have other revenue streams now"
etc...

For an undetermined amount of money (but I bet it's not going to be much).

It's not a risk worth taking, imho. Explore other sources of income,
of course, but this one seems lame.

Dan