[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 22:23:31 UTC 2005

On 10/23/05, Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm really quite confused.
>
> Angela said we don't need this money to pay for servers, yet Mav is
> apparently saying this.
>
> Which is correct?

Mav and I agree that we need money to run the servers. I'm just
claiming we don't need *this money* to run the servers. There are many
funding strategies open to us to meet the basic needs of the site, and
many others to meet additional needs. I'd rather any money from
something we do not want to become overly reliant on be used for those
additional needs, and something more stable be used for our basic
needs. This way, no one can claim we are dependant on answers.com.

Angela.