[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 19:02:11 UTC 2005

--- Dan Grey <dangrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm really quite confused.
>
> Angela said we don't need this money to pay for servers, yet Mav is
> apparently saying this.
>
> Which is correct?

As you should be. :) I have been talking mostly in generalities: We can't
expect reader donations to always scale as fast as our growth while also paying
for other things we want to do. We therefore need to start *now* to diversify
our funding channels. Yet, this whole spat has been about a specific item,
which *by itself,* will likely not help that much.

My apologies.

-- mav