[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 05:46:03 UTC 2005

--- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> What in the world sort of servers are we buying that cost a few million
> dollars?  Who is "we" who would like to fund these special projects?

In case you haven't noticed our traffic growth has been strongly exponential.
Just look at this graph:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=3y&size=large&compare_sites=answers.com+about.com+britannica.com+reference.com&y=p&url=wikipedia.org#top

You obviously have no idea what our budgetary needs are.

> Not all of us are onboard with the "Wikipedia: the bigger and more
> corporate the better" strategy.

Oh please.

-- mav