[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikizh-l] Re: Wikipedia banned in China, news from Taiwan (translated)

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Fri Oct 21 15:10:06 UTC 2005

ZH Wikipedia wrote:

> [...]
With the control over information that the Chinese government has, it
doesn't really surprise me or shock me in the least. The shocking thing
was that they premitted as much as they did. In some ways, having the
communist government ban Wikipedia may be the best thing that could have
happened. It will get international attention to the project,
particularly when the international press realizes that Wikipedia is
even in Chinese and many other languages as well. It will also stop the
cautious attitude that editors on the Chinese Wikipedia have had so far
to try and avoid pissing off the Chinese government, strongly affecting
POV issues. The only worry I would see now is that the zh.wikipedia
doesn't go too far the other way in becoming a forum for Chinese dissidents.

--
Robert Scott Horning