[Foundation-l] Is Wikip/media politic?

Jean-Baptiste Soufron jbsoufron at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 09:42:12 UTC 2005

Dori wrote:
> On 10/9/05, Jakob Voss <jakob.voss at nichtich.de> wrote:
>> There is several distinct questions:
>> 1. Is Wikipedia politic?
>
> Yes it's political, and the policy is to spread free knowledge.

I don't totally agree since there are many other ways to spread
knowledge or free knowledge. Education is one of them for example.

Is wikipedia only a new tool for spreading free knowledge ?

I don't think so. What's make Wikipedia a real encyclopedia is that it
gives power to its readers and allow them to create knowledge instead of
only receiving it, and to be sure that this knowledge will survive for
later use.

Wikipedia does not only spread free knowledge, it allows people to
create it and it keeps the memory of it.

See my point here :

http://soufron.free.fr/soufron-spip/article.php3?id_article=71