[Foundation-l] Re: vandalism myths

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:30:15 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Jimmy Wales wrote:

> > == The famous "IBM-5-minutes-vandalism"-myth ==
>
> I always say it like this:
>
> "For certain types of vandalism which were easy to identify
> algorithmically, the median time for reversion is under 5 minutees."

Or "was, as of late 2003, under 5 minutes."

There is hope they will update the study.  Fernanda Viegas has left the
media lab to take a post at IBM, so she and Martin W. may do a reprise.

Speaking of which: what is the fastest way to get a full db dump?
Is there a "please mail me a hard-drive" option?

SJ