[Foundation-l] leaflets and...

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 18:23:25 UTC 2005

Hello all,

As some of you know, some editors will participate to the WSIS at the
end of the year in Tunis.

It seems relevant that some leaflets are provided in several languages,
about our projects. The 6 official languages of the UNO are English,
French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian and Chinese.
English and French are certainly essential :-) (uh !)
Arabic and Spanich will be useful. And would not it be great to cover
Russian and Chinese as well ? (I am a bit optimistic here).

We already have a couple of these languages, but not all of them.
The languages we have are possibly outdated (most were done early 2005)
so would benefit of a little update of figures at least.

But we definitly need help in SPANISH, ARABIC, CHINESE and RUSSIAN.

So, if you know any of these languages, please consider dropping by
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Leaflet

AND please copy this message in your respective village pumps.

You can help by doing an entirely new leaflet OR just by translating the
text on wiki (and someone else will update that on his computer)

Please HELP

-------

Additionnaly, there is something I have been thinking of, but which
might be a little bit more difficult to do, or controversial.... so I
would like opinion on this, and help if this is supported.

I have been thinking it would maybe make sense to have another type of
leaflet (in english for now) where we could try to rather introduce, not
projects as in current leaflets, but more the concept, and in particular
the concept of freedom of speech, benefits of free information, free
software etc... maybe as well put some stuff about free licences (and a
bit of explanation on which licence we use, and which we do not use, and
why and which implications there is on how people can reuse our
content). And possibly introduce some of the partnerships we are looking
for ?

In short, that is a bit more political than we usually do; but that
might fit the WSIS stuff. It is just using words instead of showing what
we do. So... I might hear just a plain NO, but I would be happy to know
what people think and if that seems feasible and just wise (or unwise).

Anthere