[Foundation-l] Question

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 22:16:00 UTC 2005

On 22/11/05, Santi cluke <santicluke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'ld like to know if there is a project to create a new space in
> the wiki foundation "Wikitree" for creating a genealogic tree based on
> this technology.

I was going to suggest you look around
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_new_projects -
particularly, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipeople

But, note that the Wikimedia Foundation isn't the only organisation
that can or does host wikis, and that even the software they use is
available for download under the name "MediaWiki".

As such, I have now spotted http://wikitree.org and
http://genealogy.wikicities.com/ which are both independent wikis
using the same software as Wikipedia et al for this purpose.

Personally, I'm not sure the wiki concept in its current form *is* all
that suited to the task, but feel free to go forth and prove me wrong!
:D

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]