[Foundation-l] Re: new language policy

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Nov 22 00:21:38 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> then, I suppose you would rather support the idea of letting new
> languages develop on a seed wiki... and see to which point it is viable ?
>
> This still raise the issue of "when do we consider a language should
> be removed from the seed wiki and put in the live wiki" (even though
> the entire content might be a hoax :-)) ?

Objective criteria can be established for this.

    1. A key set of interface pages must have been written in or
translated into the language,
    2. There must be a minimum number of articles exceeding a specified
length written in the main namespace of the project, and
    3. There must be a minimum number of contributors, EACH of whom has
written a minimum number of qualifying articles in the main namespace.

Perhaps there could be others too.

Ec