[Foundation-l] .eu domains soon

valdelli at bluemail.ch valdelli at bluemail.ch
Sun Nov 20 09:20:46 UTC 2005

>Our domain applications for wikipedia.eu and wikimedia.eu have been in progress
>for a month but I am not aware of the trademark application status. Apparently
>anybody can still submit applications for those exact same domains? Not
good.

Yes, anyone can take the domain but there are policies.

>> Because of trademark issues and eu regulations concernig
>> who can apply for .eu, I'm affraid it will be a bit
>> complicated. I hope someone from the foundation can take care
>> of it.
>
>I think our legal dept needs to look at this ASAP. I?ve CCd their list.

I think that not only the french foundation should take care about this problem,
but also the others european foundations. When the domanin will be assigned
there are rules that will be followed if there are problems with one foundation,
another will follow in the request.

Ilario