[Juriwiki-l] Re: [Foundation-l] Trademark violation of our 'MediaWiki' mark

Jean-Baptiste Soufron jbsoufron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:30:59 UTC 2005

But there is no necessary link between the copyright of Wikimedia and
its trademark : the foundation can very well get the trademark without
being its author. We should not confuse these issues.

But we must wait for the trademark to be properly registered before
going any further.

 From what I understood, ATR is on it and it should be done soon.

As soon as it is properly done, we should politely ask people to mention
the fact that Wikimedia is a registered trademark.

Jean-Baptiste Soufron, juriwiki-l
cersa-cnrs paris 2