[Foundation-l] Re: 2M articles

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:05:05 UTC 2005

> Our last milestone-related press release (en 500K) received virtually no
> attention. Most major newspapers and magazines have already run stories
> on us, it's not like we need to tell them we exist. Why not save the
> press releases for when we actually have news?

No, the last milestone-related press release was the Commons reaching
100,000 uploads, which, despite not being sent out to many places
(<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Press_releases/100K/log-en>),
did see some press coverage, mostly in Germany
(<http://news.google.com/news?hl=de&q=wikimedia>)

Also, as Przykuta notes, the milestone will be shortly before
Wikimania, so the release need not focus only on the milestone, but
include details of the conference, since we should know by then who
most of the speakers are, meaning we will have something other than a
new milestone to announce.

Angela.