[Foundation-l] Re: Elections for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, 2005

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon May 23 22:59:05 UTC 2005

Election update:

On 5/24/05, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Wikimedia Editors,
>
> Please note: this is not a joke.

Sorry- it was a joke.
Some editors I talked within a hour took it serious, and said "if you
didn't put the second line, I would have taken it as a joke". Others
were confused. And some quite few people realized it as a joke.

Reality is more shabby than the joke. Today (at least until now) Jimbo
was not available online, hence no board meeting. We considered if
Jimbo would like to run or not and some editors suspected if he had
400 edits (I suppose so personally) and at any rate avoiding
confusion, we reached the conclusion the best decision would be to
follow the original plan to elect two positions.

Without the board approval we cannot issue the official announcement
of Election 2005 curerntly. We Election Officials are waiting for the
board approval to proposed plan and schedule of Election. Already FAQ
is being translated and available more than five languages.

Your cooperation, consideration for running or voting will be welcome
in advance.
Sincerely,

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org