[Foundation-l] Re: STOP Translations needed: Wikimedia Commons - 25th of may

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:42:15 UTC 2005

On 5/22/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I noted that Erik set up the release date on the 23rd again rather than
> on the 25th.
>
> The official release is NOT ON THE 23rd, it is on the 25th. Please do
> not make the official release 2 days before the official announcement.
>
> ant

Agreed. We can't be announcing something that is not ours before the
people who do it, that would not be fair, and actually particularly
distasteful.

If we cannot wait to announce the 100,000th file on commons, let us do
it on the 23rd. And have the other stuff on the 25th. The second will
boost the first anyway.

I would, however, find it equally smart to wait till both annoucements
can be made in the same press release.

best,

Delphine
--