[Foundation-l] Wiki embassies and ambassadors

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun May 22 14:00:01 UTC 2005

Here is an idea to ponder.

It is often difficult to find the right people to talk to about various
issues concerning all projects. While we do have ambassadors, the concept is
fairly moribund, and no one knows exactly who is the ambassador to which  project.

I propose that an Embassy link be placed prominently on the recent changes
page of each Wiki. That way, if the board or representatives of other projects
want to inform a project of some activity, request, etc. it will be
immediately  found and translated. To avoid the sticky issue of language, some icon
should be  developed for the embassy page, so that it can be easily found on each
Recent  Changes page.

This will be especially useful when we want to announce news of the  upcoming
Board Elections, and for many other purposes as well.

Just an idea.

Danny