[Foundation-l] Re: A license for the Ultimate Wiktionary

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:13:15 UTC 2005

On 5/22/05, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> 2) We accept contributions with very little information on how to
> contact the author. We only rarely have e-mail addresses, and often all
> we have is a pseudonym or the network address and time at which the edit
>   was submitted. This makes it very hard for us to track down prior
> contributors to ask permission.

Agreed. And here a derivative problem would rise: how we treat
submissions from anonyomous (or unregistered users precisely).
Curently more than half JA WP & EN WQ contributors are anons. On other
projects, about 16-20%. I would make it sure we can safely ignore
those anonymous submissions' right as "licence holder" [or somehow
possible, because they can't or hardly be contacted, but I am not
sure]...

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com