[Foundation-l] Re: STOP Translations needed: Wikimedia Commons reaches 100, 000 uploads

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 07:58:00 UTC 2005

Aphaia a écrit:
> 'lut toute le monde,
>
> On 5/22/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Either we give up this idea, or we find a way to set up a "nominative"
>>team of trusted translators to take care of it on a private wiki or by mail.
>

> Sounds good. I don't mind if it would be private wiki or mail. Wiki is
> better to collaborate but mail communication would be more robust (NO
> "sorry- we have a problem ... *g)

The problem I have with this solution is

* if it is by mailing list, it means yet another mailing list and to be
fair, the increasing number of mailing list *is* problematic

* if it is by regular mail, it is beginning to be a problem as well,
because we have to remember to which editors to cc for translation, to
which to cc for mandriva, to which to cc for legal issues, to which to
cc for mediation issue on a specific wiki... it always end up forgetting
one person... resulting sometimes in upset. This is getting too complicated.

We absolutely need to find a way to deal with this, it is increasingly
inefficient.