[Foundation-l] Re: STOP Translations needed: Wikimedia Commons reaches 100, 000 uploads

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 06:12:34 UTC 2005

Aphaia a écrit:
> Hiya folks
>
> On 5/21/05, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I've merged Villy's announcement with the press release from the
>>>Commons at http://grants.wikimedia.org/wiki/Press_releases/Wikimedia_Commons_May_2005
>>

> I think it would be better to put a brief note on the WMF site too
> unless the board a/o any thoughtful people object.

It is certainly what was planned. And this is why I suggested to Villy
he writes the announcement beforehand. I already gave it to Amgine (2 or
3 weeks ago), so that wikinews also can prepare it beforehand as well.
But it should not be on WMF before the official announcement.

Well, we have a little organisation problem here. And this is the second
time in this month.

We have official statements to do... but they can not be public until a
certain date (essentially because of partners asking that they do not be
so)... and we hope them to be fully translated in several languages just
on the date of publishing.

Either we give up this idea, or we find a way to set up a "nominative"
team of trusted translators to take care of it on a private wiki or by mail.

What do you guys suggest ?
Another idea  ?

Ant