[Foundation-l] Re: Fair use on English Wikinews

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed May 18 22:27:07 UTC 2005

With the agreement of the Board, I have enabled local uploads on the
English edition of Wikinews.

I ask other language editions that are interested in fair use to
formulate a similar whitelist policy for cases in which fair use should
be allowed. The emphasis is on *whitelist* - any case not covered by the
policy should be quickly deleted.

Once a policy is developed, please report it on foundation-l or
wikinews-l to move forward with enabling local uploads. A brief summary
of your policy in English would be very helpful.

For reference, the English fair use policy is at:
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Fair_use

As before, the Wikimedia Commons should be used for any free content media.

All best,

Erik