[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikimediafr-l] Thoughts about a future board budget meeting (or budget board meeting ?)

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 16:16:49 UTC 2005

Angela a écrit:
 > On 5/11/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
 >

 >>I think the board should do a budget/financial meeting soon. The last one
 >>was done a trimester ago, so it is high time.
 >

 > Considering how difficult it has been to get the board together for a
 > meeting in the last month, I strongly suggest we have this as part of
 > the meeting planned for Monday 16th May rather than trying to find a
 > suitable point in Jimbo's schedule for two meetings.

Quite true, but I am not sure we will have gathered all the relevant
information by monday... but we can try...

Mav, are you free on monday ?

<snip>

 >>Also, depending on what is left, we must think of the time when the next
 >>fundraising will be reasonable to do. I suspect it is a bad idea to
do it in
 >>summer... so, in short, do we need to plan something in june, or will
we be
 >>able to last till september ?
 >

 > I'd prefer June since that is still within the 2nd quarter which is
 > when the next fundraising drive was expected.

I am not sure we should say "expected". We only need to do fundraising
if we have need of money...

 >>...so, either the french
 >>association quickly has cash to pay for such expenses, or the foundation
 >>should have a credit card in europe to take care of such matters...
opinion ?

 > Is there any reason we don't have a credit card on the Belgian account?

I do not think there is a valid reason. I suggest we get one.