[Foundation-l] Wikiversitophia

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed May 11 11:32:28 UTC 2005

I am a little taken aback about the eagerness with which Wikiversity is
being discussed. It seems to me that the big questions are what software we use
and what we call it.

Fortunately, Tim, Elian, and others hit the nail on the head with some  of
their comments. This whole conversation would be more productive if we were  to
discuss things like: who are the students, who are the teachers, levels of
education, course curricula, teacher incentives, structuring lesson plans,
structure of semesters, accreditation, meeting local educational standards  (which
are delineated very rigidly), subject matter, interconnectivity between
classes, extra-wiki learning, grading, acceptance standards, why and how a wiki,
etc., etc., etc.

Sorry, but claiming that we are starting something new is little more than  a
placebo for a poorly thought out project. Personally, I wish some of our more
 academically oriented contributors past and present would be asked to weigh
in  on this.

Danny