[Foundation-l] Re: Only non-commercial re-use od Wiki content?

Tomasz Sienicki tsca at edb.dk
Thu May 5 14:47:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 16:04:31 +0200, Andre Engels wrote:

> as Angela says, if we can get it under PD (or CC-BY, CC-SA, CC-BY-SA,
> GNU/FDL, GPL or another license not significantly stricter than GNU/FDL),
> there is no reason to restrict it further.

No question about it, this case is simple: of course there's no reason
for adopting a non-commercial licence for the content that we can get under PD.

And about some next time, when we can't: it was my understanding that Wikimedia
would not consider non-commercial licences as a rule, not on a case-by-case basis.
I feel Angela's mail has confirmed this.

[[m:user:tsca]]