[Foundation-l] Re: REPOST: free speech and wikinews

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 20:04:35 UTC 2005

Chad Perrin a écrit:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:20:09PM +1000, Tim Starling wrote:
>
>>Anthere appears to have inserted her replies into Dovi's email without
>>any indication of who is saying what. No doubt it's just a client issue,
>>I don't mean to blame anyone. I just wanted to help out by reposting it
>>in the right quotation style.
>>

> Thank you very much.  With the volume of email I get daily, most of it
> important, I was actually not going to read that one because of the
> extra time investment involved in separating the speakers' words.  I
> appreciate the help you offered in that area as much as I appreciate the
> effort Anthere put into composing the email in the first place.

I am sorry :-(
It was supposed to be indented... I know not why... it went away...

> This is just the opinion of one man.  Feel free to disagree.  Don't
> attribute it to anyone else besides me without asking them first.  Have
> a nice day.

I would like to similarly add that what I said is naturally my opinion
and not to be attributed to anyone else. In particular, it is certainly
not board opinion. I prefer to have an opinion rather than none, I also
prefer to voice it rather than not, but I try not to impose it on
anyone. I think that taking the stance suggested by Dovi... is a step
toward imposing the board view on community. I do not think we have such
a right. Sorry Dovi, but I prefer a board, which might sometimes appear
indecisive and very slow to take a decision, rather than a board which
take decisions for others or collect votes rather than letting the
opportunity to editors to find a consensus amongst themselves.

Even though I might on the principle agree with you :-)

Generally, I rather agree with what Chad just wrote

Well, I have one week to think about it :-)

Anthere