[Foundation-l] Re: Autoblocking on all wikis now ?!?!?!

Tim Starling t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 30 15:23:56 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
> Has anyone had a chance to look at bug 550? It's specifically so that this
> sort of block will only hit anon users.

I've told the list before that the spammers already have software to log
in to wikis, and the vandals log in whenever it's convenient for them.
In a previous post, I even gave details of vandalbot attacks by logged
in users. But I guess you won't believe me that it's useless until you
see it. I already had an exemption in place for non-newbies, I've
replaced this with an exemption for all logged-in users.

-- Tim Starling