[Foundation-l] Re: Autoblocking on all wikis now ?!?!?!

Seth Ilys seth.ilys at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:12:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:40:47 +1000, Tim Starling
<t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> I'd rather encourage the people who run these
> servers to secure them, and only unblock them as a last resort. It's in
> Wikipedia's interests, as well as the interests of the general Internet
> community.

Sure, but it's against the interests of our well-meaning contibutors
who, for whatever reason, aren't on as secure an ISP. There is great
peril in imposing restrictions on some and claiming that it's "for the
greater good," as I'd hope history has taught us all.

--
Seth Ilys
   email: seth.ilys at gmail.com
   AIM: JehanneDaix