[Foundation-l] Tax status in the Netherlands for the Foundation

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Sat Mar 26 11:16:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

Le Friday 25 March 2005 15:55, Gerard Meijssen a écrit :
> Hoi,
> You miss the point of the my mail.
>
> The point is that it IS possible to have the Foundation be registered in
> the Netherlands and in France as well (in principle as I understood
> from Soufron). This allows us to do collect money directly by the
> Foundation. It means that the monies collected can be used by the board
> as it sees fit. It means that we do not need a chapter to REPRESENT the
> Foundation..

AFAIK, I don't think the Foundation could collect donations free of tax in
France without being locally registred. That why we have set up a French
chapter, who will be able to collect donations. BTW, the French chapter is
also representing the Foundation in France. I don't know about other
countries, where it could be different.

Regards,
Yann

[...]