[Foundation-l] What is de.wikiversity.org?

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Wed Mar 16 15:01:53 UTC 2005

It seems this mail didn't make it to the list. Sorry if it's a repost.
----

Erik Moeller schrieb:

 > The most important question seems to me whether Wikiversity will just be a
repository of learning materials, or a true online university that includes
 > - a graduation process
 > - original research
 > - a publication and peer review process for scientific papers, theses, etc.

It'll be more than a repository. I think what most people agree on is that it
should be a platform for e-learning, where courses are developed by teachers and
students together (I'm not sure it makes sense to even draw this distinction
here) and where people can communicate and help each other with learning.

In the long run it might make sense to also integrate ideas from
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikiresearch
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Scholarly_Journals
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiAbstracts
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiReviews
and other pages, but I think the community should decide about this in the
future. Most of these ideas are quite abigious, not enough discussed in the
community, and none of them is needed to start working on an e-learning plattform.

Kurt