[Foundation-l] Re: Business cards

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Sun Mar 13 11:07:18 UTC 2005

On Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:04 PM, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I read again the description by James. And realise I got confused by the
> "warrant" term. So, there was nothing wrong in what is written. I apology
> for not having understood well.

Sorry, my fault, I shouldn't use such flowery language :-)

> This said, I stand up to my opinion that mentions of stewards or
> arbitrators of the english AC has basically nothing to do here. These
> positions do not exist in the real world. They mean nothing to those
> outside wikipedia. They are unrelated to the Foundation itself. And
> they are only part of the status existing on the projects.

Well, there are apparently plans to form Arbitration Committees on other
language versions of Wikipedia, so it's not en:-centric (or not intended to
be). Thus Arbitrator status, and certainly, of course, Stewards, are
Wikimedia-project-wide, and the people who will receive these cards will
understand that they confer extra 'status' of some kind, as you say. Neither
job are particularly easy to do, and a small amount of thanks like this is
perhaps not a bad thing.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james at jdforrester.org | jon at eh.org | csvla at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM  : (MSN) jamesdforrester at hotmail.com