[Foundation-l] Re: wikibreak

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 07:39:56 UTC 2005

I guess that a wikibreak is just not an option, unless I cut my personal
phone cord and DSL cord to the computer. I will consequently only try to
  strictly respect 6-7 hours of sleep everyday. If any of you meet me
after midnight on irc, I am fair game.

I will have to present Wikipedia in april in Stockholm and Helsinky, so
will focus in the next few days to prepare something in english. I hope
I can meet some wikipedians in Helsinky, but am not sure I will have the
time to do so for Stockholm.

On a similar note, I will probably spend a few days in Agadir early may.
Are they some wikipedians from over there ?

Otherwise, I am trying to improve the foundation current event with
Britty, so that the site becomes more informative. See
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:Anthere/test for now.

I was thinking to include in the main page a collection of news, but
rather than to have it just a line, make it more a good solid paragraph,
and have it signed by its main author. With links to other sources of
information eventually. Typical information could be
* informing on the recent break down of servers
* informing on a hosting decision
* information on a chapter creation
* informing on a major meeting

etc...

All things in relation to the Foundation of course. Till now, current
events have not been followed up much on the site, so I would like that
this is now more supported, to give more life to the site. My two
suggestions are 1) information a bit more sustantial than just one line
and 2) authorship mentionned. This is meant to decrease the risk of
announcement thought of being the board while they are not. In this
case, most authors would be people from the french, german, and wmf
board, plus official representatives such as Mav, plus techs report such
as from James day or Brion or Kate or....

Greetings

Ant