[Foundation-l] Wikinews story featured on news.google.com

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 20:21:43 UTC 2005

Wikinews stories are copied regularly by a site called:

    http://www.theworldforum.org/

According to the operator of the site, Drog, his copy of this Wikinews
story has been featured on the frontpage of news.google.com for "most of
the day" and received over 2000 hits:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/CIA_sending_suspects_overseas_for_%22rendition%22

    Drog's comment: http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=141759&cid=11878204

Note that Wikinews itself is not yet part of news.google.com due in part
to the somewhat unpredictable nature of wikis. So we are only indexed
indirectly through "snapshot" sites like theworldforum.org. Still, I
think a Wikinews story being listed alongside articles from Reuters and
the BBC is a major accomplishment. Kudos to everyone involved in writing
the article.

All best,

Erik