[Foundation-l] Re: Access Wikipedia through SMS

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:57:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Stephan Walter wrote:

> The problem is that all articles start like this:
>
> "Albert Einstein (March 14, 1879 – April 18, 1955) ...."
>
> "The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (established
> 1958) is ...."

That's actually pretty darn informative, when I searched for "Einstine" or
"NASA".  What more would you want to know from the first 100 characters?
I think this is almost optimal.

> > that, it would not be implemented. The responsible manager made it clear that
> > the phone company would not implement such a gateway, but that it would have to
> > be done by Wikipedia.
>
> There are companies offering SMS to HTTP gateways. All you would have to

Well, we could also set up our own... there are apparently open source
gateways out there that don't require too much in the way of hardware.

SJ