[Foundation-l] Wanted - help desk helpers

sannse sannse at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 23:23:15 UTC 2005

Now that the info-en email address is on the "contact us" pages, the
amount of mail is increasing, and we need more help.

We are looking for a long-standing contributor with a good knowledge of
the English Wikipedia and its policies and procedures.  You should also
have a working knowledge of other projects.  You need to have infinite
patience to reply to the same newbie questions time after time, and a
friendly and helpful style of writing.  Most important is the ability
not to laugh at people who write to tell us we have a massive security
hole - an edit link on each page!!!11!.

Being active on IRC is an advantage - it makes a real difference to be
able to talk over the tricky ones sometimes.

Pay is at the usual Wikipedia rate of lots of good feeling and all the
cookies you can eat.

Hopefully there will be a big rush of applicants for this wonderful job,
and I will ask those volunteering to answer a few mails to see if you
have the style we are looking for.  Jimbo will have the final say though.

Please mail me directly rather than replying to the list if you are
interested.

Thanks,

sannse

p.s. I lied about the cookies