[Foundation-l] ass pus on IRC

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:10:43 UTC 2005

Hello, all

On 6/6/05, Robin Shannon <robin.shannon at gmail.com> wrote:

If I recall correctly, ASV is only a pestilence on English project
(and meta, somehow).
I am not sure on German project, but Japanese projects haven't been
suffered ASV/WoW.

> Anyway my suggestion is this, create an rc bot in irc which reports on
> any non-admin edit to the front page (or any of the front page
> templates) on all the projects (except perhaps wikinews whose front
> page tends to change a lot more than other projects, and wikipedia who
> is just so huge that it doesnt really need it), and either create a
> new chanell for it (like all the other rc chanells) or just put it

I am not sure it is a good idea, at least on English Wikiquote Main
Page is not his or her main target, in average other pages like VP or
VfD are more frequently suffered from my observation.

As for English Wikipedia MP, for tentative solution I recommand you to
protect  those templates and to create a "recommendation page from the
community".

> straight into one of the frequently used chanells such as #wikimedia.
> If this has already been done, i apoligise since i havent been able to
> get onto IRC in the last few months due to the stupid uni network im
> behind.

It seems to me overreaction and not efficient; perhaps the majority of
edits on MP or its subsidiary templates will be legitimate, and those
[basically irrelevant] info intervene the conversation on the channel.
I suppose "combined active RC" (like combination of EN WP + EN WB
...for example) would be helpful [smiling innocently].- or special rc
channel reviewing a few pages on some major projects.

Just a thought.