[Foundation-l] Re: Fundraising drive

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 04:31:30 UTC 2005

Angela wrote:

>I'd like the fundraising to be before the end of June so it's part of
>this quarter's budget. The elections begin on the 27th, so to avoid
>needing two messages in the sitenotice, it would be best to have the
>fundraising drive finish before then. Assuming it will last 2 weeks,
>we'd need to start it by the 12th. Does this seem too short notice, or
>is that going to be a possible?

Is there much that would need to be accomplished beyond touching up our
messages and checking the translations? Presumably the Board can decide
on an appropriate target at its next meeting. Perhaps US$75k like last
time, or maybe 50k because it's only two weeks this time, unless we can
articulate a strong justification for needing more? Yes, the fundraiser
and the election should not overlap.

I still haven't seen an answer to the question I asked earlier, about
whether our direct credit-card payment processing is set up yet, or will
be soon. So far, no sign of it on the donations page at least. This
should be settled quickly if possible, especially if it's more
cost-effective than directing everyone thru PayPal.

--Michael Snow