[Foundation-l] Re: Brainstrorming at Kennisnet

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Thu Jul 28 09:33:22 UTC 2005

Walter van Kalken wrote:

> Hello
>

>> Waerth did send a mail asking if Kennisnet would be willing to pay
>> for access to statistical content. Kennisnet, the portal organisation
>> it is, cannot fulfil such a request. There was however a discussion
>> on how such data would be best hosted. Localisation and versioning
>> were discussed. When you have statistical content, you want to know
>> the date and the source of the content. アムステルダム, 암스테르담
>> and Амстердам have the same statistics it makes little sense to store
>> this in many projects. Consequently the possibilities that Wikidata
>> offer for this type of information and the possibilities that the
>> Ultimate Wiktionary offer for localisation need to be considered.
>> Kennisnet might consider helping with the creation of the
>> infrastructure for such a project.
>

> And in that same email I said that I would be utterly against such a
> nightmare scenario of hosting those data at one place. It is yet
> another project need to tend to while all problems with commons, a
> much less farreaching similar approach, haven't been settled yet. Also
> I am just being shown the reason that if I never get access to people
> of kennisnet my ideas basically get fucked by the messenger.
>
> It is really reassuring that kennisnet actually answers a mail I send
> (NOT!) might this have something to do with Gerard telling them not to?

How can you ever only think about something like that? Please, before
making such assumptions use your grey cells.

People who talk like you in public to miscredit others just are ...
better not to say otherwise I'd reach the same level you have and I
definitely won't.

If you have a problem with Gerard or someone else I'd kindly invite you
to do this privately and not in public mailing lists.

You are not only miscrediting Gerard (who gives practially all the time
he has to the wikimedia projects), but publicly also Kennisnet (an
organisation that really does a lot for education and is an example of
how the world should think)  and all contributors of the Wikimedia
projects (and I am one of those).

Another thing I would kindly ask you is to reconsider the language you
use - certain terms are not appropriate for public. You could have
written "basically get not considered as they should" - not everyone is
used to a certain "style".

I am upset, really upset.

Best wishes,

Sabine Cretella