Fwd: [Foundation-l] Fair Use and Registered Trademarks

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Jul 11 11:36:32 UTC 2005

Robert Scott Horning wrote:

> There must be more to the story than what Michael Hart is
> suggesting here.

Why do you think that "must be"?  Project Gutenberg is run by
Michael Hart.  Who else should answer your questions?  A strong
disclaimer doesn't always have a strong reason.

When we digitize old (Scandinavian) encyclopedias, magazines, and
other printed works in Project Runeberg, we never had to alter the
title, but always reproduced the title as it was printed.  There
seems to be no risk that readers should confuse the old issues
with the current product.

E.g.:
Old http://runeberg.org/svlartid/1891/0005.html
new http://www.lararnastidning.net/